Rent Permanent Space
Heartwood House provides space to registered non-profit organizations who believe they can work better together under one roof, creating a welcoming and hospitable environment for the people they serve and for each other.
Applicants for membership must:
- Be a registered non-profit organization with a board of directors. Registered Charitable status is an asset.
- Support the pursuit of equity and justice by responding to economic, social justice, psychological, developmental, educational, environmental, spiritual or physical needs.
- Be motivated to share resources and work in collaboration with other members in the Heartwood community to create opportunities for people served.
- Demonstrate financial sustainability (provide audited statements).
- Be willing to provide volunteers to participate in Heartwood fundraising events and community development activities.
- Be committed to attending Members’ meetings and Heartwood House events.
- Demonstrate potential for compatibility with member groups.
- Organization meets lease conditions including liability insurance.
- Clientele on-site is an asset but not a requirement.
All membership applications are screened by the Membership Review Committee, and approved by the Board of Directors after the Heartwood community has been consulted. Please contact Maureen Moloughney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-241-5937 for more information.