Rent Permanent Space
Heartwood House provides space to registered non-profit organizations who believe they can work better together under one roof, creating a welcoming and hospitable environment for the people they serve and for each other.
Applicants for membership must:
- Be a registered non-profit organization with a board of directors. Registered Charitable status is an asset.
- Support the pursuit of equity and justice by responding to economic, social justice, psychological, developmental, educational, environmental, spiritual or physical needs.
- Be motivated to share resources and work in collaboration with other members in the Heartwood community to create opportunities for people served.
- Demonstrate financial sustainability (provide audited statements).
- Be willing to provide volunteers to participate in Heartwood fundraising events and community development activities.
- Be committed to attending Members’ meetings and Heartwood House events.
- Demonstrate potential for compatibility with member groups.
- Organization meets lease conditions including liability insurance.
- Clientele on-site is an asset but not a requirement
All membership applications are screened by the Membership Review Committee, and approved by the Board of Directors after the Heartwood community has been consulted. Please contact Maureen Moloughney at email@example.com or 613-241-5937 for more information.